In light of the recent announcement to postpone IPSSW to October 2020, the INSPIRE Executive has decided to hold an interim virtual INSPIRE meeting on April 27 in addition to our planned meeting in October at IPSSW.
We cannot overstate the importance of bringing the INSPIRE community together to engage with each other in this difficult time, and we look forward to the opportunity to learn from each other’s experience and support each other as we weather this storm
As such, this virtual meeting will be centered around our community’s recent experience with COVID-19, and will provide both a form for INSPIRE members to present their COVID-related activities, and a period of open discussion/community debriefing. Please also lend your support for ongoing research by attending the Virtual ALERT presentations at 1:00PM EDT that same day.
11:00AM – 12:00PM EDT – INSPIRE Virtual Meeting
- INSPIRE Election Results and Fellowship Update
- ALERT Progress Reports
- Panel Discussion: Simulation Innovation during COVID-19
1:00PM – 2:00PM EDT – Initial ALERT Presentations
We encourage the INSPIRE community to attend the ALERT presentation they are the most interested in. There will be a brief presentation by the author followed by a moderator-facilitated discussion.
- ALERT 1: NeoIMPACTS – Improving NICU Level 1&2 Delivery Room Readiness with Simulation-based Workshops – Register Here
- Presenter: Justine Alim
- ALERT 2: Quality of Care provided by Interfacility Pediatric Transport Teams: A Simulation-Based Multicenter Study – Register Here
- Presenter: Grace Artega
- ALERT 3: Cognitive Load Scales in Simulation: Performance of the Extraneous Load Scale – Register Here
- Presenter: Sara Greer
- ALERT 4: Could a low cost implementation model of basic life support (BLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) courses be feasible and acceptable in low resource settings? Register Here
- Presenter: Eugene Tuyishime
- ALERT 5: Effective teaching of pediatric cardiorespiratory auscultation using low cost model – Register Here
- Presenter: Jaiganesh Sobana