It’s confirmed! INSPIRE @ IPSSW 2014 is a pre-conference event on Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 18:00 – 22:00 CEST at the Hilton am Stadtpark in Vienna, Austria (Wien, Österreich) in the Zweig Room. If you’d like to attend the pre-conference (no fee), please RSVP to us right away!
- 18:00 – 18:30 Introductions, Greetings – Todd P Chang, MD (Children’s Hospital Los Angeles)
- 18:30 – 19:00 ALERT Presentations
D Moro-Sutherland: Simulation in low-resource countries
B Wermter: Improving realism of PALS-courses with smart simulation & children
R MacKinnon: FACTS and pediatric trauma simulation
M White: Procedural Checklists
L Mallory: Using simulation to assess competency in pediatric residents / registrars
- 19:00 – 19:55 Breakout Sessions
- 19:55 – 20:00 Break
- 20:00 – 20:30 Evolution of FACTS & studying Pediatric Trauma Internationally – Prof. Ralph J MacKinnon (Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital)
- 20:30 – 21:00 Embedding simulation into practice ‘without getting lost in the translation’ – Vinay Nadkarni, MD (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia)
- 21:00 – 22:00 An Evening Roundtable Mentoring
Thanks for everyone’s patience with the website. We’ve decided to rebuild the inspireSim.com website to make it simpler, easier, and safer. You’ll see significant and incremental changes to the site over March – May, 2014. Let us know if you have questions at INSPIRESimulationNetwork@gmail.com .